Thursday, July 2, 2009

Last Blog Post!

The 1st of July was our celebration day, rounding off the whole project, where we showed our animations and all of the other work we'd been doing with the patients. The weather was brilliant, which is a good thing for us as our presentation was mainly outside, the garden was strung up with balloons and marquees and looked like a village fayre. People began to filter in at around 11am, and it was lovely to see that people who weren't involved still came to see our work. We gave tours of all our work to the day patients and they seemed really pleased with every thing we, and they, had done. However, I think it got a little too hot for all of us and I had to break out the sunscreen!

We got such amazing feedback from everyone about our animations, everyone laughed in the right places and were really complimentary, which felt good considering the amount of effort we put into them! It's nice when you overhear people talking about your work in a positive way and realise they're not just saying it to be polite! I think that if I could do this project again I would like to work with a wider range of ages to gain stories from each generation. Also, I would love to have had longer to create my animations and perhaps try out some new techniques!

Overall I really enjoyed this project, its been a really humbling and emotional experience and I'm really looking forward to going back to St Christopher's for my work experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment