Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The First Workshop


Today we had our first workshop with the patients at St. Christopher’s, where we tried to document a story from their life in the form of an animation. I met a man named Ron, who was very eager to share his stories, which was great, although this left me little time to do the actual drawing! In the group it was great to talk to each other about our past experiences and dicuss histories, as it distracted us from the reality that he was ill, and we were just able to enjoy being normal people. We all talked about London and how it has changed over the years. Ron was so enthusiastic and charismatic. It was a great experince for me as I learnt a lot from Ron, and for him I hoped I had given some enjoyment, having fun talking to a new face. I felt very humbled by talking to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment