Wednesday, June 3, 2009

response to the first day at the hospice

I think the first day at St Christopher’s went well, we meet some of the patients we were going to be working with in this project and started to listen to their stories about growing up and moving to England and we started sketching the narratives out. I thought it was going to be difficult working with them knowing that they are ill. I was worried it was going to be really emotional. It was a much more pleasant experience than I expected. The lady I was speaking to spoke about coming to London from South America and how strange the country felt to her. She remembered the shock of the winter and how beautiful the spring was. I really enjoyed illustrating her stories and showing them back to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment