Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Workshop Number 2

At our second workshop at St. Christopher’s Hospice, we began by displaying and discussing the work we had created based on last week’s workshop. We were introduced to new faces, and then we broke off into groups to begin sharing our stories. This week the patients had a chance to draw our stories, whereas last week we drew theirs. This week I was working with a woman called Jackie, a new addition to our group. She was extremely talkative and enthusiastic, very eager to share her own exciting experiences. She had a fantastic general knowledge, often saying that she was, in her own words, educating me. I told her we were visual arts and design students from The Brit School to which she replied ‘there’s no money in that is there’. When it came to her drawing my story, she was very reluctant to put pencil to paper, claiming that she was ‘no good at that arty farty stuff’. After some persuasion, I managed to get her to draw an image from my story, which was great because at first she didn’t want to do anything. On the other hand, she gave me some great stories to illustrate and work with to create a future animation. It was great working with her because she was so funny; hopefully next week I can persuade her to do some more drawings.

No comments:

Post a Comment