Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Response to Day One

Today was our first art workshop at St Christopher’s Hospice. I think everyone went in quite nervous and not really knowing what to expect, but it actually went really well and everyone, both patients and students, seemed to open up quite a bit. We shared some really personal stories about our experiences of growing up in England and it was really interesting to learn about different cultures and times. I enjoyed working in the smaller groups with one patient, as it was not so intimidating for us or them. I found that I made a real connection with the patient Anna and I worked with and found it fascinating to hear what an exciting life she has led. I think that this project will be really beneficial, not only for the hospice patients, but for us too, as it is a chance to learn about how life in London and youth used to be. It’s a chance for us to document the amazing experiences the patients have had and to be a little more selfless with the art we create, thinking more about the people we are creating it for, rather than just what we want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment